Top 5 Things to Know About CoolSculpting
The CoolSculpting fat-freezing procedure is the only FDA-cleared, non-surgical fat-reduction treatment that uses controlled cooling to eliminate stubborn fat that resists all efforts through diet and exercise.
CoolSculpting sounds like a great way to shed pesky fat pockets, but is it really that simple? While it is safe and effective, there are a few things you should know about CoolSculpting before undergoing the procedure.
- The skin isn’t damaged during the procedure. CoolSculpting is a safe, effective way to eliminate fat. A cool gel pad protects the skin and the non-invasive nature of CoolSculpting also prevents any sort penetration or scarring. The skin will be cool to the touch and slightly red immediately following the treatment but will return to normal within a few hours.
- Men benefit from CoolSculpting too. Many people tend to think of fat eliminating procedures like CoolSculpting for women only. CoolSculpting is a discrete procedure, more and more men are taking advantage of this exciting procedure.
- Results are gradual. In the weeks and months following your procedure, your body naturally processes the fat and disposes of these dead cells. Once the treated fat cells are gone, they’re gone for good. You may start to see changes as quickly as three weeks after your treatment and will experience the most dramatic results after two months. Your body will still flush out fat cells and continue doing so for up to four to six months after treatment.
- It is not a weight loss tool nor can it correct sagging skin. The CoolSculpting procedure will NOT help you lose weight. However, if you want to lose unwanted fat and look slimmer in your clothes, then CoolSculpting may be right for you. CoolSculpting removes fat cells but cannot correct sagging skin. Though the original fat cells are removed, it does not prevent remaining fat cells from expanding if you gain weight.
- Minimal discomfort and downtime.CoolSculpting is non-surgical, meaning there is no significant discomfort or downtime. In fact, many people return to work after the procedure. Following the procedure, typical side effects include temporary redness, swelling, blanching, bruising, firmness, tingling, stinging, tenderness, cramping, aching, itching, or skin sensitivity. These effects are temporary and generally resolve within days or weeks.
To learn more about CoolSculpting® or to schedule your consultation with Board-Certified Plastic Surgeons Dr. Abboushi & Dr. Singh, please fill out the form on this page or call Panacea Plastic Surgery at 770-929-0634. We look forward to working with you! Panacea Plastic Surgery serves patients in the Atlanta & Conyers, GA areas.